Jay McCarroll & Stitch Party

by Laura on January 12, 2009

Blueberry Fields Quilt

You’re invited to a party! A Stitch Party, that is! What might this Stitch Party be, you ask? In conjunction with our sister store Loop, we are hosting a monthly get together to show & tell about our projects, meet other crafters, and have fun! This is a great chance to reconnect with people you may have met in our classes, and see what everyone’s been making. Our first party is January 30th from 5-8 PM, and we have a fantastic surprise – Jay McCarroll will be joining us!!

Jay is the first season winner of Project Runway, and now has 2 new quilting lines on the market, Garden Friends and Woodland Wonderland. Lucky for us, Jay hails from Philadelphia, and stopped by to check out his fabric on our shelves. Jay is super nice, and when I asked him about coming to Stitch Party, he happily accepted! He’ll be bringing samples that he’s made with his fabrics, and there will be prizes and goody bags. This is a rare opportunity to meet a talented artist and designer right in your own backyard. Jay is full of creative ideas and is so fun to talk to – don’t be nervous!

So, bring your latest project ( mine is the quilt pictured above made with Jay’s fabrics), have a glass of wine, and meet Jay! See you soon!

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Melanie O January 12, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Oooh, I’m so jealous! Beautiful quilt, by the way!

terriaw January 12, 2009 at 11:32 pm

Oh how I wish I could come to the stitch party AND to hang out with Jay! He seems so fun and so are his fabrics. I haven’t seen it much in blogland yet, so I love seeing your quilt – love the teal sashing with the pink binding. Just gorgeous. Have a glass of wine for me at the party!

Jaime January 13, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Oooh sounds like fun! I’m working on an AB Barcelona apron overlay (I too ignored that pattern until seeing the blog post here) so hopefully I’ll have something to show and wear! :)

Karen January 14, 2009 at 7:29 am

That is so beautiful x

Claudia January 15, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Can anyone come? I’m an officer in my college’s crafting club and we would like to come, though many us aren’t old enough to drink (you mentioned wine) and I don’t know if there’s a cover charge..?

Rita January 15, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I have been wanting to come visit the shops and this was going to be my excuse but sonofabeesting I’ll be away for a wedding. I hope you will be blogging about it complete with pics.

Rachel January 15, 2009 at 8:44 pm

too far away to be there, unfortunately. Like the look of the fabrics, I wonder if anywhere in Australia stocks them…

The quilt is lovely, is the teal a shot silk? How very decadent! I love the fushia binding too. Your blog is an inspiration!
kisses

R

Laura January 16, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words! And don’t worry, I will be taking lots of photos for those of you can’t make it!

Hi Claudia- You & your club are welcome to come. The event is free and we will be serving soda as well! See you there.

Hi Rachel- Thanks! The teal is Kaffe Fassett’s shot cotton, and one of my favorite fabrics!

ariana January 17, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Your quilt is awesome! I love it and it’s definitely a work of art. Wish I could join the party…

Gloria January 22, 2009 at 10:55 am

Newly relocated from the suburbs to Bella Vista, I now can attend the events I could only dream of before returning to the city, Thank you, Spool, for sponsoring what is sure to be an exciting and informative event. My calendar is marked!

Ros January 26, 2009 at 11:18 am

You made it onto Project Rungay – so cool!!